… I’ll say lem’me at ‘em! 🙂
Lemons are not only vibrant in color, scent, and taste- but they are vibrant in nutritional value!
According to Organic Facts (http://ow.ly/bAq15), the health benefits of lemon include treatment of throat infections, indigestion, constipation, dental problems, fever, hair care, skin care, internal bleeding, rheumatism, burns, overweight, respiratory disorders, cholera and high blood pressure. Wow, that’s a mouthful!
Lemon is known to help to strengthen your immune system and cleanse your stomach. It is not only a blood purifier but also enables the body to fight diseases. Lemon juice, especially, has several health benefits associated with it. Useful for treating kidney stones, curing heart strokes and reducing the body temperature, lemonade helps you to stay calm and cool…just watch your sugar intake on the lemonade 🙂
Health benefits of lemon are due to many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B, phosphorous, proteins, and carbohydrates present in it. For a great tip, get into the habit of squeezing lemon juice into water, on salads, and on fruit!
This week we will be lavish in our love for lemon… starting with this simple and quick recipe:
Lovely Lemon Chicken
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 4 lemons, halved
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken pieces in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Squeeze lemon halves over the chicken, then sprinkle with the garlic, curry powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.