Did you know your body needs to have a healthy amount of ”good” bacteria for proper digestion? Yogurts are made using active, good bacteria…more formally know as probiotic, which literally means ”for life,” refers to living organisms that can result in multiple health benefits!
Let us not forget that yogurt comes from milk. So yogurt eaters will also get a dose of animal protein, plus other nutrients found in dairy foods, like calcium, vitamin B-2, B-12, potassium, and magnesium.
Here are some benefits of yogurt you’re gonna love and why WedMD (http://www.webmd.com) recommends incorporating yogurt into your daily health-conscious eating habits.
1. Help Prevent Osteoporosis
2. Reduce the Risk of High Blood Pressure
3. Yogurt With Active Cultures Helps the Gut
4. Yogurt With Active Cultures May Discourage Vaginal Infections
5. Helps You Feel Fuller ~ so you eat less & loose weight!
In my exploration of creative cumin recipes, I found this recipe that uses cumin, avocado, & yogurt for a delicious and nutritious dish that you can dish-out all week/weekend long! (Health tip: bring dip & veggies for lunch or have as a meatless dinner one night during the week… refreshing on a hot summer night!)
Avocado-Yogurt Dip with Cumin (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/avocado-yogurt-dip-with-cumin-10000001536783/)
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe peeled avocados, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth
- Serve with veggies