Skipping breakfast is a common for people who are trying to lose weight, but unfortunately, it’s usually not a successful strategy. Your body (or more likely, your brain) expects to be refueled a few times each day. When you don’t eat breakfast you may feel so hungry by lunch time that you eat more foods than you normally would, which cancels out the calories you cut by skipping breakfast. You may also be tempted to choose foods that are not the healthiest choices when you feel like you’re starving.
For many people, eating breakfast is an important part of a weight loss diet. Research studies tell us that people who eat breakfast are more likely to maintain a healthy weight. Experts believe that breakfast keeps your metabolism running higher because skipping meals causes the body to kick into ‘starvation’ mode.
Eggs are an excellent way to start your day! According to a study by the Harvard School of Public Health, there is no significant link between egg consumption and heart disease. In fact, one study reports how regular consumption of eggs may help prevent blood clots, stroke, and heart attacks.
Here is a heart-healthy recipe to start your day off right! Don’t these look yummy? No, I didn’t come up with the idea –but they sure are pretty and look tasty! 🙂
Egg & Pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 bell pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Leaf of cilantro for decoration
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: pick big and wide bell pepper, smaller tomato and eggs
- Rinse bell pepper, remove stem and seeds and cut 2 big rings about 1/3” thick. Warm up skillet over moderate low heat and grease it with butter, add them to the skillet and fry on one side for about 3 mins.
- Slice 2 thin circles of tomato and position them in the middle of the bell pepper rings and season with salt and fry for 1-2 mins more.
4. Carefully crack an egg into one of the bell pepper rings right over the tomato, don’t worry if a bit of egg white gets out, you can simply remove it later on.
5. Season with salt and ground black pepper, & cilantro
6. Cook eggs under until cooked though the way you like (use lid if you want them medium or well done)