When it comes to feeling frisky these days, many women and men simply don’t. It isn’t because they don’t want to. They do, but many find themselves simply not being “in the mood” for romance.
The reasons for a lacking libido can range from too many things on your to-do list and working too many hours to your hormones being out of whack.
One of the keys to getting your libido back is to increase testosterone in your body. Testosterone production is dependent on zinc and vitamin B. This is where food comes in. Yep, good ol’ simple-but-I-never-thought-of-that foods. Here are five delicious items you can work into your diet that will increase your libido, and help you work out of your clothes.
Specifically, avocados contain high levels of folic acid, which helps metabolize proteins, thus giving you more energy. They also contain vitamin B6 (a nutrient that increases male hormone production) and potassium (which helps regulate a woman’s thyroid gland), two elements that help increase libido in both men and women.
Check out this recipe for a little libido loving.
Mango Avocado Spinach Salad – Serves 8
- 2 large mangos
- 2 avocados
- A few handfuls of baby spinach.
- A couple of dashes of balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Peel mangos and slice the cheeks around the pit. Slice thinly.
- Peel avocado. Remove pit and slice about the same width as mango.
- Wash spinach and add as much as you like.
- Drizzle and toss salad with prepared balsamic vinaigrette dressing right before serving.